anytime a guy says “that’s what she said” always reply with “not to you”
“Do you remember the way the girls
would call out “love you!”
conveniently leaving out the “I”
as if they didn’t want to commit
to their own declarations.
I agree that the “I” is a pretty heavy concept.”
David Berman, ”Self Portrait at 28” (via oofpoetry)
- Always take pictures of the sky when it’s pretty, it probably won’t ever look like that again.
- Wear that skirt you like, even if you’re mom says it’s too short.
- Take off the dark eyeliner and nail polish once in a while, you’ll feel lighter.
- Chop off your hair if you want, it will grow back eventually.
- Count the freckles on your arms and draw lines between them, your skin is like the night shy.
- Sleep under six blankets with the fan on high in the middle of the winter, the sound is soothing.
- Tell that boy to stop touching your thigh, even if it is flattering.
- Say thank you and flash a smile when you’re sister says that you’re outfit is ugly.
- Raise your hand when you know the answer, even if the class is all upperclassmen.
- Read that book again, you’ll notice something you didn’t the first time.
- Don’t drink too much caffeine, you’ll get the jitters and bomb your math test.
- Wear pencils behind your ears, it’s convenient.
- Try to talk to people, it won’t kill you.
- When a cute boy tries to cheat off your test, write the wrong answers and change them later.
- It’s ok to feel happy, don’t let other peoples sadness make you feel bad.
advice for sad teenage girls that own too many flannels (via thelarrystylinson)
“Nothing haunts us like the things we don’t say.”
Mitch Albom (via dmthvg)